Sunday 18 November 2012

The quest for Epic Maternity Clothes

It often strikes me how much real life can be like a video game. I am 16 weeks pregnant and extremely happy about it, but with joy comes a lot of different challenges that you never expected would be part of having a kid.

Most recently I have entered the phase in the pregnancy where my bumb is starting to show, it is exciting and I have been waiting impatiently for this moment for weeks now, however it does mean that my normal clothes is no longer fitting at the same time though I am not big enough for proper maternity clothes with huge extensions build in for the stomach.

As such I am in a kinda awkward inbetween stage, not unlike the one you find yourself in when playing video games and you do not yet have the gear for raiding, yet you have gotten bored with running the same old Heroics over and over again.

I tried solving this issue by ensuing one of my all time favourite passtimes: Clothes shopping. Boy was I in for a nasty surprise. Nice looking maternity clothes is apparently as elusive as the green set items of Diablo 3. I spent hours running from store to store trying to find something that would fit and that would grow with me so I don't have to change my wardrobe every second week. All I found was a couple of sad pieces that were supposed to pose as clothes, but looked more like tents on a hanger. Tents designed by someone with no taste to boot.

So I returned from my shopping trip with the same feeling you have when you have been raiding on your holy priest all night and only seen plate items drop. Apparently the drop rate for the pregnancy spec is quite low.

As any sensible raider would do I went to the internet and did some theory crafting to see if there was no better alternatives available than wearing sweatpants and non-fit T-shirts for 6 months.

After some research I found that Debenhams have quite a nice selection of affordable and nice looking Maternity Wear from Red Herring so I gathered my "Valor Points", went to the Quatermaster and purchased a couple of set pieces. But what an effort just to find something decent to wear. I wouldn't categorize the clothes I got as legendary, not even epic, but it is some good blues that will hopefully see me through the maternity phase and on the other side being able to fit into legendary and epic items should hopefully provide a good incentive to shed the kilos I am currently gaining.

If you have the same issue, but have no Debenhams closeby to save you I would advice visiting Amazon as they do have a good selection of decent looking maternity clothes both for EU and US based shoppers.

GL HF on your quest for epic Maternity Clothes!


No comments:

Post a Comment