Sunday 5 May 2013

When a gamer turns mom (From the perspective of the computer)

It is not only me and my partner who have to get used to changes now that my daughter has arrived. Life has changed for my computer as well and the view is slightly different.


From owning the noobs...

..to feeding with boobs.

I love my computer! It has followed me all the way from Ireland to Denmark and is now sitting with me here in Malta.

It has been here for some of the most significant times in my life (albeit, parts have been added and replaced). It was here when I worked for Blizzard Entertainment, it was here when I got my first real promotion. It was part of my life when I met my awesome boyfriend and it has witnessed my growing belly and my beautiful little daugther.

After the birth of my daughter my relationship with my computer has suffered though. It is hard to play games with only one hand and your focus on the little new wonder in your life. Believe me I did try. ;)

My computer has been acting up trying to reclaim my attention. Lately it has been bluescreening on me and generally acting offended, but I know it is just because it miss me and when I do have time for it again our relationship will bloom once more.

My mission in the weeks and monhts to come is to find a way to squeeze a bit of gaming in between feeding, diaper change and power napping on command when my daughter falls a sleep.
She likes sleeping in my arms so feel free to ad game recommendations in the comments below for games that can be played with one arm and does not require reflexes or precision.


Pictures © at Sigrid Zeuthen. Do not use without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment