Monday 8 July 2013

Showing off my Legendary

Created with wowitemcreator
I have recently completed a roundtrip to show off my baby girl to the whole family and I was reminded of when my guild got the Warglaive set back in TBC. After a huge celebration on Ventrillo, we all rushed to Shattrath where we stood around showing off what we as a guild had accomplished. Many people passed us and uuhh'ed and aaah'ed while admiring the legendary weapon set.

It was a similar experience to introduce my daughter to my friends and family. Rarely have I received so much attention without the attention being on me. Everyone wanted to see the baby in action. To test her out and to hold her.
There was the same sense of pride and the same feeling of unity (albeit of course on an even bigger scale).
In my WoW guild we told the story of how we finally got our Warglaives over and over again and the same was true for the story about the birth of my daughter.

I even sensed slight envy from other people (especially women) who are in the right age to be able to "equip" a baby. Just like you got when you were the one carrying a legendary item.

It has been awesome showing off my little Legendary, but unlike the Warglaives she would be amazing even without the admiration of others.

Writing this made me think. When a baby enters a family it is like looting a Legendary, but bringing her up is like integrating a newbie into the guild. Maybe I will write a post about that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment