Tuesday 11 June 2013

You shall not pass... gas.

Diaper Party
Being a geeky girl growing up in the 80th and 90th meant that the majority of my friends through life has been boys. Nowadays it is more common for girls to be into gaming and geeking and with the help of the Internet us nerdy girls have an easier time connecting, but when I was in my teens growing up in a small town, I didn't find many females sharing my interests.

As mentioned my hobby often meant that I preferred to hang out with boys and boys are (sorry to generalize) oftentimes quite liberal when it comes to sharing bodily functions with the world.

I have heard my share of loud burps followed by an applaud from everyone present except yours truly. I have experienced nasty smelling farts that caused delighted giggles by the entire group (again excluding me) and I have had my share of stories of floaters or diarrhea proudly shared while eating dinner or under similar circumstances.

It seems to me that the male species revels in celebrating bodily functions in a way I have never understood.. until now.

Everytime my baby girl burps or farts I squeel in delight and when I see her diaper full of poop I almost do a happy dance.. every time.

Because I know that every burp and every fart means a little less whimpering and tears and a fully loaded diaper can buy me half an hour worth of sleep.

The question is, do guys remember how revered we held their eructations, their flatulens and their stools? And is this why they still as grown ups share these feats with childish glee? If thats the case, why do we women find it embarrassing?

Is it because we celebrate womens bodily functions for a shorter time and then starts reprimanding us for them instead?

Who knows, but I have to end this post now as I believe my daugther just gave me yet another reason to party.

No comments:

Post a Comment