Saturday 31 August 2013

Multiplayer

I have been a gamer since the age of 4, playing Donald Duck's Playground on my dads Commodore 64, but it wasn't until getting my hands on Warlords and playing it multiplayer with my cousin, that I turned into a real computer geek. Why? Because multiplayer makes gaming social and I love socializing!

This thursday I got to add multiplayer to the baby experience as I attended my first mothers group. My little daughter got to meet 4 other babies between the age of 5 and 6 months.

It was awesome hanging with people in the same situation as yourself and because my daughter is only 4 and a half months old it was really interesting seeing the slightly older babies and what they were able to do.

It felt like when you as a complete noob joins a guild full of highlevel players. You get a glimpse into the future and you get to benefit from their experience and advice.

My daughter seemed  to mainly enjoy the experience although she did have a slight meltdown towards the end of the gettogether. In the long run I think she will benefit hugely from watching the other babies in action and I know I thoroughly enjoy discussion strategies with the rest of the "players".

3 comments:

  1. Mums' groups are the best if you find a good one! Some solidarity for the win. What's really cool is when you get to the the fount of wisdom to all the other newbies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *to be the. Blame it on tired, ill baby brain?

      Delete
    2. Haha. I thought baby brain was supposed to disappear after the first year. :p I will buy the tired and ill excuse though!

      Delete