Friday 2 August 2013

ROFL


It used to bug me to no end when gaming that some people would abuse the LOL, ROFL, ROFLMAO terms. 
I would be on Ventrillo with my guildies and there would be dead silence or someone would be explaining tactics, meanwhile ingame one of the guys would be goofing around on his character prompting at least a couple of ROFLs and a good deal of LOLs in the chat... 
Liars! I can hear you on vent (actually no I can't thats the point!). So unless you have push to talk on and forgot to press it you are not making a peep!

The whole notion of rolling on the floor laughing is quite ridicolous. Who does that? I have always thought that rolling on the floor from laughter was only something that happens in cartoons, well I was wrong!

Yesterday my daughter laughed for the first time. She has been flashing me cute little smiles for some time now and lately her smiles has grown so big that her entire face is transformed into a baby version of PacMan. There has, however, been no laughing sound even though it has been clear that she has been trying to produce laughter.

That was until yesterday. We were playing on the floor and she was in a really good mood making contend and happy noises. She was looking around the room, but not directly at me so I took a piece of fabric and held it up between us, hiding my face, then right in front of her I dropped the fabric and heard the sweetest sound in the world. My baby's belly laughter.

It didn't last long, as she then proceeded to practice her rolling over moves which still takes all her concentration, but it was amazing while it lasted and I can't wait to hear her laugh again and again.

So yeah, yesterday my baby was ROFL'ing on the floor and I was LOL'ing next to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment