Saturday 19 January 2013

Discount Baby Bed

Many moms-to-be complain that their partner is not really involved in the preparation for the baby's arrival. I am in luck here and my boyfriend is very active when it comes to getting our apartment ready for the little new inhabitant.

He has even secured the first piece of baby equipment. Check out the baby bed that my boyfriend has picked out and proudly presented to me.


The more perceptive of my readers might notice that this is in fact a cardboard box and might be wondering where the bed that came in it went or if you are missing something. Nope I did not upload the wrong photo. This is what my boyfriend in all seriousness suggests as a bed for our precious little newborn.

Not only that, he stared at me in despair as I continously screamed "my baby is not going to sleep in a cardboard box" and then he demanded that I provided good arguments against this attrocity of an idea.

"It is not safe" I said. "How is it not safe?" he countered. "The baby will move and kick and gradually destabilize the sides of the box" I answered. "Are we going to have a super strong, mutant, alien baby?" he asked in disbelief.

Well... he has only felt the kicks through my stomach, so I forgive him for doubting the power of our child, but he will see!!

"It is not built of baby safe materials" I also tried to ague. "There will be glue and chemical residue used to keep the box together"

"It is not hygenic, it will be dusty and it is also bad to have the baby sleep so close to the floor" I tried. "Well we can just place it on the coffee table" he said.

At this point I gave up trying to reason and just stared chanting "my baby is not sleeping in a cardboard box" over and over again while rocking back and forth like a mad woman.

Next time I bet he will suggest that we case mod an old PC tower into a baby tub.

What crazy ideas does your partner come up with when it comes to your little one(s)?


No comments:

Post a Comment