Thursday 17 January 2013

How to get a beta invite for SimCity 2013

I have been following the new SimCity with excitement as I have always been a fan of the older SimCity games.

Not that I was ever very good at them. In fact it seems that most of my SimCity games ended up with my town imploding in a cesspoll of crime, lack of electricity and abundance of pollution.

Still there is something incredibly cool about being the master of an entire little society and I have been looking forward to getting a new chance at this with SimCity 2013.

There was much rejoicing then as I checked the official SimCity website today and saw a shiny new button added with the wording "Beta".



So how do you then get to be chosen to have beta access?

Well for now it seems that all you have to do is sign up and keep your fingers crossed while waiting for the mail that will hopefully come.

To register you will need to login with an origin account so if you do not have one, you will need to create one first and if you are one of those people who refuse to have anything to do with EA and Origin, well then I guess you are out of luck. (Especially since SimCity 2013 is bound to require an Origin account to play as well).

But if you are like me and you only have the "I hate EA, they are the devil in disguise and I will never ever pay a cent for any of their games as I would be helping them build their evil empire" opinion until they launch a truly awesome game, then I would advice you to get on the site and sign up for beta. Hopefully access to testing out the game will allow me to carry through until the release in March!

Good luck to everyone out there hoping to geth into the SimCity beta program. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment