Tuesday 29 January 2013

Temporarily demoted to casual gamer

When I was a student I had oceans of time to game. I would spend at least 5 hours a day in front of the computer engrossed in my current favourite timesink.
Now I have sadly had to grow up a bit, get a real job, sort paperwork and bills, shop for groceries and cook dinner and it all takes time. Oh yes, it doesn't help that being pregnant has changed me from a 2 a clock "just one more turn" night owl, into a woman with an aching back who falls asleep at 8 PM in the evening like clockwork.

What this means is that I have despairingly little time to play games. So what do you do as a hardcore gamer when you do not have enough hours in the day to actually emerge yourself truly in the newest RPG game that you have been waiting impatiently for, forever.

Well you turn to casual gaming at least for a little while just so you can get at least a taste of the magical world you love so much.

For me right now the casual game of choice is World of Warcraft. I know this might give hardcore raiders a sour taste in the mouth, but I promise I am not there to join your LFG raids in my half green half blue gear.

I just do Pet Battles. Pet Battles are quick, fun and gives me a sense of achievement that can be obtained with approximately 30 minutes of daily basis, moreover the pet battles are turn based so if the potatoes starts boiling I wont wipe my group out just because I have to leave the keyboard. Even better noone will be complaining at me when I return 40 minutes later because my pregnancy brain set in and completely wiped any memory of playing WoW and instead dragged my attention to one of my newly installed tablet quiz games.

Another awesome thing about Pet Battles is that I get my urge to do Youtube videos satisfied. I am recording videos showcasing the Pet abilities of each of my collected companions and recently I have started creating videos from the PTR giving people an idea of the upcoming Elite Battle Pets. Like this fight against Gorespine.


When I start having more energy and hopefully when I get a baby who sleeps through the night and takes frequent naps during the day, I will get back to hardcore, many hours in a row gaming, but for now Pet Battles really does fit my tight gaming schedule very well. What is your favourite casual game?

No comments:

Post a Comment